I have helped hundreds of people gain a new healthy perspective and a better understanding toward feeling more empowered in their lives. I believe in a very individualized approach to therapy, although my emphasis is on cognitive behavioral therapy. I think it is important for us to actively work together to identify what the issues are and to develop a plan of action for developing skills to address them. I have extensive experience working with people challenged by issues such as:
- Women with Depression
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for children, adolescents and adults
- Researched-based treatments for anxiety and panic attacks
- Multimodal assessment and treatment of PTSD
- Parenting Effectiveness Training
- Comprehensive ADHD Evaluations and Educational Testing
- Differential diagnosis of complex cases
B.A. with Honors in Psychology, U of N. Carolina at Chapel Hill; Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology, Auburn University; Doctorate Degree Clinical Psychology, Auburn University; Residency in Clinical Psychology, Baylor College of Medicine; Licensed: State of Texas; Practicing in Houston for over 30 years; Member: American Psychological Association; Published several papers on the subject of eating disorders and has presented her research at national conventions.
I will be happy to discuss your needs with you and help you to start your journey toward feeling more empowered and happy.